2017 FEBRUARY GOALS
I can't believe it's already February! How crazy. I have been looking forward to this month since August, when teaching and photography both began full swing. This is the only month out of the year I have no sessions and no editing aka REST time...although I will still work 40 hours a week teaching. lol. It's all good though. This season of life has taught me so much amidst the packed schedule.
Before I go over my February goals I want to reflect on all that got accomplished in January (and a few things that didn't). whoops. There's grace, it's ok. I'll list my January goals below and put a [X] on the things I got done, and a [-] next to what didn't.
[X] Have 4 Sabbaths (1 per week)
[X] Continue memorizing Romans 8
[X] Have 2 date nights with Jesse
[X] Take photos of little moments + print them off at the end of the month
[X] Weekly meal-prep/dinner planning
[X] Write atleast 4 blog posts
[-] Begin working on organizing questionnaire + pricing sheet in Honeybook
[-] Research + choose a vendor for client photo albums + custom branding
[-] Save $$ towards travel fund
[X] Read 1/8 of my books (I'm beginning with this one) - *I actually read 2 books instead*
[X] Be intentional and invite a group of our friends over or host small group at our house
8/11 goals got accomplished..not bad!
I know goal-setting gets a bad rap with so many people, but I honestly don't think I would have been as productive or intentional in reading, meal-planning, resting, and documenting little moments if I didn't set these for myself. I know this system may not work for some, but I have gleaned from it so far!
Side note: If anyone reading this has difficulty with time-management and making each hour count, you should read my book of the month from January, 168 Hours (you can click on the Amazon link above). It was SO helpful for me. Although, I don't want to give a book the credit for my change in time management. It was a useful tool, but ultimately prayer and God helping me was the result of the real change in my thought process towards time. Regardless, check it out. It's good.
There were three things I didn't accomplish. Two of them were business related and the other was saving money towards a travel fund. Jesse and I decided to invest the money that would have gone to that this month into a program called Grace Marriage at our church instead. The two business goals were put off intentionally because I knew I would have more time to research vendors this month while I have no shooting or editing to do.
Overall, January was a really great month. I have seen God grow so much fruit in my life in the areas of serving at home and time management. It's been really sweet. Well, now that January has been recapped it's time to move onto my February goals (many of which will be similar to last month).
- Have 4 Sabbaths (1 per week)
- Continue memorizing Romans 8 (currently on verse 11)
- Have 2 date nights with Jesse
- Take photos of little moments + print them off at the end of the month
- Weekly meal-prep/dinner planning
- Write atleast 4 blog posts
- Begin working on organizing questionnaire + pricing sheet in Honeybook (cont. from last month)
- Research + choose a vendor for client photo albums + custom branding (cont. from last month)
- Save $$ towards travel fund
- Read book 3 of my 8 books *I read 2 last month instead of 1 the other book I read was a super easy read it was this book* (this month I'm reading this book)
- Be intentional and invite a group of our friends over or host small group at our house
- Go to Louisville/Cincinnati and make a trip to IKEA (pumped for this)
- Begin 1/2 marathon training and follow through on my workouts (I'm using this training plan)
- Have a hot date for Valentine's Day :) (lol)
- Continue meeting with Jesse every Tuesday for Bible study & questions. The questions we ask each other each week are listed in my last blog post if you're interested
Well, that's pretty much it! I'm hoping February is as restful as I'm hoping it will be. I am really looking forward to this month! I hope everyone had a great first month of this brand new year!
Happy February! :)